Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Almost there!!!

Warning: this post may contain some TMI pregnancy details... Don't read on if that offends you! So I am officially full term!!! 37 weeks! This is quite exciting news since my last pregnancy didn't make it this far. My blood pressure had been touch and go here and there so I have been monitored closely just to watch it. The past few weeks, however, it has been AWESOME and it REALLY got me excited to be able to try for a VBAC. Last week I was dilated 1-2 and 80% effaced which I thought was pretty awesome because my body didn't get to do anything last time. Today I had another appointment and no change. Normally I wouldn't care... the baby will come on it's own time (and really I am not super anxious to get him out yet)... but my DR doesn't want me to go past 39ish weeks for BP fears. Well today, out of the blue it was high! ugh... I am so sad and may or may not have bawled about it already. I get to do the awesome orange jug (24 hour urine test) and based on those results we will find out how soon my c-section will be. He was throwing around dates like say... this friday? ahhh... I am going to try to make that NOT happen. (just because I want more time, and well, it's little miss Aggie's birthday) Here's the hope: I have had loads of contractions. Like painful ones that wake me up at night, but nothing is consistent. The Dr did strip my membranes today (ouchy ouch!!!) but I don't know if it is really doing anything! We go walking constantly but I don't know what else to do at this point. Like, really? I don't want to force this kid out, but if we are talking Repeat C-section, I REALLY want to try everything I can and the doc will not induce a previous c-section patient. So friends, pray that my body wants this baby out before the dr forces him out? I know that a c-section isn't the end of the world. Really? my last one wasn't that bad, but the thing that makes me most sad is that I didn't get to push my baby out... lame? I know but it is the way I feel and I really wanted to experience it. Either way, get excited!!!! Baby Shelley #2 is coming soon!!!!

5 comments:

Suzana said...

I can totally understand why you want to have a vaginal delivery if at all possible. Surgery just doesn't sound that appealing - you would know since you've already been through it! :) Not sure what else to suggest besides the things you're already doing. I did use evening primrose oil (here comes TMI) and inserted it vaginally to help my cervix ripen. Also I'm sure your doc already told you that sex is a great way to get a baby out! haha. Either way, you're so close! Can't wait!! And don't be too hard on yourself if the baby comes via c-section. The most important thing is a healthy baby and mama. :) Good luck!!!

Sarah said...

My sister's second baby was a vbac. She really had to fight for it. And the doctors and midwife kept pressuring her to be induced because she was overdue but when she would pray about it she always felt peace about letting her baby come naturally. It came on its own 3 weeks late, perfectly healthy, with a great delivery. Doctors always freak out about little things but if you feel good about something else don't be afraid to stand up for yourself. Also I've heard spicy food, peppermint oil, castor oil, evening primrose oil and certain pressure points help induce labor. Good luck!

Ali Marie Hallock said...

I hope that everything goes well with your urine test and that you will be able to try for a VBAC!! I wish I had tips or advice on how to get the little guy to come on his own, but I was induced last time and never got the chance to go into labor on my own. I can't believe you're so close, good luck with EVERYTHING!!!

Roper said...

Good luck with everything! Can't wait to meet the little guy!

Jonie Marie said...

I really feel your pain. I was in the exact same boat with my second as well. I know all too well the orange jug, the wanting a vbac so badly, the limitations of your body after having a c-section with your first....they are all so frustrating. Hang in there Kels. The second c-section was easier, if that is any consolation. (I know it's probably not.) Just keep doing what you are doing, and pray lots. It is what ultimately made things easier for me. I was at peace with having a second c-section when I definitely wasn't for my first.

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. Like I said, I know exactly what you are going through and how hard it can be. I don't think people that haven't been in this situation fully appreciate what you are going through. Even if you just need someone to talk it out to, please just let me know. <3