Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Grammy

This post should have been here months ago, but I was busy with a newborn and stuff.

Photobucket

This is Evan's Grammy, Agnes. She is obviously the inspiration for the name of our little Agnes. She came out to meet our Agnes when she was a week old, and she traveled here all the way from Wisconsin.

I met Grammy over a year ago when Evan and I went to Wisconsin last summer. I just fell in love with her. She is so sweet, so loving, so funny, and seems much younger than her age. She plays solitaire every night in bed on her ipad...

When we left Wisconsin I told Evan that we had to name our future daughter Agnes. He loved the name.

When I found out I was pregnant with a girl, we called Grammy on skype and told her we decided on a name for our baby and wanted to tell her what it was... jokingly she said, "anything but Agnes!" and we laughed and laughed when we told her it was!

It was so beautiful when our little Agnes met Grammy. We all felt a little closer to Grammpy, who had just passed away earlier this year.

Grammy made our Agnes that beautiful cream blanket and gave her this locket... it has grammy Agnes' initials on one side and baby Agnes' on the other...



Anyway, sorry this post is so late, but it had to be posted!

1 comment:

Jana Wheadon said...

I hope Grammy has a link to your blog. She would love it. She is such a cute lady!