Friday, May 28, 2010

From the bedside...

It has been an interesting week. 4 trips to labor and delivery, 2 appointments with my doctor, and lots of unknowns. My blood pressure numbers have been all over the place. As of now, I am on bedrest to keep these numbers down. Right now things seem pretty stable if I am always down, but my doctor said things can skyrocket for no reason and take a turn for the worst. In that case, we could have a baby any day, but if things stay the same, we are aiming for 37 weeks or more. So, it is pretty weird not knowing a real timeframe. (I am almost 34 weeks)

They say this happends in 7% of all pregnancies and it is just the way your body is reacting to foreign tissue in your body. The only cure is to deliver the baby... There is nothing I could have done to prevent it from happening.

It is pretty exciting that I could be meeting my little baby soon! But, I am most worried about her having to come too soon! We would love to have her with as little NICU time as possible.

But all is well from the bedside! I just feel bad for not being able to help Evan out more. It is weird to just be lazy everyday. And if you have any suggestions of TV series, activities, or other things to occupy my time, let me know!

5 comments:

The Stells! said...

lol drop dead diva is pretty funny its on HULU :)

Mandy said...

I should teach you how to knit--it's super easy!

Mari said...

I'm so sorry you're stuck on bedrest! No fun!

Sarah said...

Kelsey you are so cute and I can't wait to see your little girl when she comes...hopefully not too quickly :) You should watch "Chuck" it's mine and Devin's favorite.

Suzana said...

i'm so sorry that you're on bedrest! but i'm also excited that you'll be having your baby soon!!! maybe discovery ranch put you over the edge... those kids can stress you out. :)