Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Update!

I feel like I finally have something to blog about! Many of you probably heard that we are having a baby this July! We are so excited! My due date is July 16, 2010! I found out I was pregnant on Halloween and I am about 13 weeks along right now, which is so awesome! I just can't believe that it is real.

I am pretty lucky to say that my first trimester has been pretty easy compared to the other women in my family. I was pretty terrified that I would be like my mom and sisters, who had extreme morning sickness, (like didn't get out of bed for 4 months, stuck on an IV, throwing up over 70 times a day morning sickness)... I am pretty shocked that things have been pretty easy for me. I have felt a little sick here and there, I get extremely hungry but not much tastes good, and I am extremely tired, like go to bed at 6:30 PM tired... yeah. I think I am starting to even phase out of these symptoms though... Everyday I feel a little better, which is always awesome... I also think I am starting to get a little baby bump which is just so cute! (I love that having a belly can be cute)

I can't wait to find out the gender of our little lime... right now it's just an it, but I still love it. I have had a few drs appointments and so far everything looks good!

I feel so lucky to be able to carry this little baby, and I can't believe that it is really going to be a baby in the end, and that I will be its mom. It is such an amazing experience. We have been wanting this for such a long time. I know what it feels like every time someone announces a pregnancy and your heart sinks because it isn't you. I know how it feels when it seems like you are the only one that can't make it happen on the first try. I hope no one has felt that way reading my blog... This is such an exciting time, and I am so happy to share the news, yet I know how it feels when it isn't you over and over again.

Other news with us...

We moved to Pleasant Grove! We moved into a townhouse with an extra bedroom for our baby's room. I can't wait to decorate, and get it all set up! I go and sit in there all the time just imagining what will soon live in that room!

Christmas so wonderful this year! We had such a fun time with family. We were pretty excited about these new additions:

Camera!


Bread Machine!Baby Swing!


It was a great Christmas! I need to post more pictures of the event... since we have a bunch! But for now, that is what's new with us!

5 comments:

Suzana said...

yay! i'm so glad that you're feeling ok and everything is going well. i know the feeling when people announce they are pregnant and you feel like it's never you - we tried for a while too and were so excited when we finally did get pregnant. also, we got two of those things you got for christmas too! except the swing we got at a shower, but we did get that camera and it's awesome! we got it for the baby mostly, because i NEED good pictures. :) anyway, it's great to hear an update. keep 'em coming. and also, i'd love to help out with a shower when you get a little closer, like may or june? i can help out with the family shower for sure.
anyway, talk to you later!
oh, and p.s. are you still going to work or are you going to quit? just wondering. :)

Sarah said...

Kelsey! I was so excited to hear that you're expecting. It's nice (but sometimes painful) to hear the stories of couples getting pregnant after trying for awhile. You deserve it!! You'll be great parents!

melimba said...

congratulations again, cute kels!
i'm so glad you are feeling well, especially with your family's history!

and fun on the new goods for Christmas! Let me know how that bread machine is! I've been considering buying something like that for years now and think it might just make me DOMESTIC! :)

too fun! congrats again and glad you are feeling good. keep us posted on all the fun! :)

Tara said...

Congrats on your pregnancy!! That is so exciting! So glad you have been feeling well.

LibTenney said...

You know what is funny? You got married 10 days before me and I am due 10 days before you! I'm glad things are going well :) We need to do lunch soon!