Monday, May 11, 2009

little surprise getaway...

A few weeks ago:
ME: What are we going to do for our anniversary?
Evan: I don't know, what do you want to do?
Me: I don't know... you could surprise me.
Evan: I'm not really that romantic...
Me: It's not too late to change that....
(Silence)...

We dropped the subject....

On our Anniversary I was surprised when Evan came home a little late, (let me remind you, he works from 1 AM to 9AM) with 2 dozen gorgeous roses (he was late because the store wasn't even open yet), news of a weekend getaway, and he built me a garden box that I had been wishing over for weeks. I was surprised. SO surprised in fact, that I hadn't done anything for him yet, since we hadn't really talked about it...



We went up to Logan for the weekend and stayed at the Anniversary Inn... We had talked about wanting to go there sometime, and it was really fun... We stayed in the Grand Bridal Suite which was really nice... We also got to tour all of the other rooms and there were some pretty crazy ones! Word to the wise: don't stay in "Arctic Journey." The penguins are a bit much...

Anyway, it was a wonderful, fun, relaxing weekend....

And I never really doubted Evan's romantic skills... He is always romantic, but life gets a little crazy sometimes, and doing something really special meant so much!

1 comment:

Madz said...

Fun Fun FuN!!!!!