Monday, March 23, 2009

A Life of FAME and FORTUNE...

I am back from an incredible week in LA. I can't even begin to express how incredible these experiences were...


This is Grammy award winner and principal Violist, Brian Dembow...
Armen Ksajikian

This orchestra is incredible! Hans Zimmer and Bruce Fowler were up all night finishing the last touches on the orchestration, the copyists were just printing out the music before the session, and the orchestra sees the music as they are recording...and each take is perfect! It is such an awesome experience...
This is the biggest Bass section they had ever had at Sony Picture Studios... (which is really saying something since every big movie since "The Wizard of Oz" has been scored here)... 12 basses! wow...This is in Hans' personal studio...It was quite exquisite, and a completely different feel from James Newton Howard's studio...

I have a picture with Hans...but not on my camera, so i will get it soon...

Anyway... Go see Angels and Demons... the movie is amazing and the music is better ;)

4 comments:

janawheadon@comcast.net said...

Well all I can say is you are not my drama daughter...you are my hollywood daughter. It sounds like your trip was amazing and you met very famous musicians and were able to see and hear wonderful things!! I am so proud of you!

Emily Johnson said...

WOW!!! That is so awesome Kelsey!! HOLY COW!!

Whitney said...

WOW! This is amazing...I want to hear all of the details! Soon, real soon! I love seeing all of the pictures. That must have been amazing! Love you!

Mandy said...

What an awesome experience!! And I am SO IMPRESSED that the first time the musicians see the music is when they're doing their first take----that in itself is incredible, but when you add in that they do perfect takes on the first try.....I'm speechless. Thanks for all of the 'behind the scenes' info!