Thursday, July 10, 2008

We roll tonight...to the guitar bite

rock band.

yes, it consumes our lives. But we so love it. We purchased this little wonder the day after it came out for the wii... and it has been kind to us--except for the ever growing harder songs.
(note: these pictures were taken at christmas while playing guitar hero...
we are way too into rock band to stop and take pictures right now).

However, there is something I have discovered that sounds even more glorious... more glorious than Rock Band, you ask? what could that possibly be?

Let's try: being in a real rockin band. drum roll please, and I do mean drumroll...

We have finally found the missing piece to our band! My brother Jake got a drumset this week! meaning, we've got drums, E-bass (thanks to Mandy!), Electric geetar (another thanks to Jake and Mandy), keys, mandolin, strings, voices...and Evan's got all the sound equipment. What more could I ask for?

Now, lets get rocking!


Also, here is Evan. He is pretending to have fun at the 4th of July parade...



And last, I found this little number when going through videos on our camera and had to post it... I guess you can see what Evan will be doing in the band...

video

8 comments:

The Bentleys said...

oh my goodness girl. When we were in institute together I NEVER KNEW YOU SANG!!! UGH!! WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME?!?! WE COULD HAVE DONE A DUET OR SOMETHING TOGETHER!! Your blog is so cute by the way.. but watch out.. it gets addicting.. haha. Ps I have listened to the snip-bit of your song Witness on repeat for the last hour hahaha.. it is so wonderful!! You do you record with? you can respond either on my blog or facebook.. hehe.. talk to you soon

Us said...

Hey Kelsey! You're blog is coming along very nicely :) I showed Brodie your music, and he loves the piano on all of them! (As do I) I hope you are having a blast!

Ashley said...

Kels! I'm so glad you found me on here! I'm doing so good, and I hope you guys are doing great too! Thanks so much for your comments, I have them on a setting where I have to approve of them before they go up so that's why you couldn't see them :) K and I LOVE your hair! It looks like you cut a ton off!

Madz said...

That's awesome! I'm so excited for you about your little um band! You should be called... Drive Shaft (like charlie's band on lost... =) Jk. What a hilarious video might I add....

Jake said...

Riggity-riggity-riggity-riggity-riggity-riggity-riggity-riggity-riggity-riggity-riggity-riggity-riggity-riggity-riggity-riggity-riggity-riggity-riggity-riggity-riggity-ROCK!

P.S. I have the drums but I can't play them.

Emily Johnson said...

Hey Kelsey...you are so pretty! That is such a funny video!

Your AZ cousin

janawheadon said...

Okay I love the video of Evan---wow what a funky guy you married!!

Linsey said...

ROFL!!! That is a GREAT video!!! Okay, it is settled, we need a rockband night!!! I will find a sitter and we wanna rock with you!!! Ryan and I got guitar hero for Ethan for Christmas.... sometimes we even let the kids have a turn!!!